It's That time where you're already getting ready for Spring Break 2017 !
As your planning like we did for Christmas .... Do you want a spring vacation or do spring cleaning...?
You don't maitain things properly or double check your Toilets , hot water heater , water hoses , Washing machine......
Oh. Only if you had been home when that pipe broke! If you had been home , you could have quickly shut off the main water supply and cleaned up the small mess !
Pipes seem to break when no one is home and Sump pumps seem to fail when no one is home , the list goes on and on.
What can you do ?
Here are some Homeowner tips you can use to ensure water damage does not occur !
1. Secure all windows and doors. Remember that a storm can drive water into your home if there is any type of opening, even a small one at a window.
2. Don’t turn off the heat! Keep the thermostat set at a level that ensures nothing inside will freeze.
3. Some hot water heaters have a vacation setting. Play it safe and take advantage of it.
4. This one is really important! Shut off all water supply sources to anything that might leak, like the washing machine. Even better? If appropriate, shut off the main water supply to the home, but leave instructions if anyone is going to visit or stay at your home while you are away.
5. Make sure your sump pump is in good working order. A failed sump pump means ground water is going to intrude and create havoc in your home.
So enjoy your next vacation, but don’t let coming home be a disaster. Follow these tips to make sure you don’t suffer from a water damage disaster.
Remember Advantage Restoration & Contracting is 24/7 Disaster Restoration Specialists !