Water Damage Restoration Company – Crystal, from Tampa, Florida, began filling her tub in the master bathroom. She can’t remember the last time she had time to relax.
It’s going to take time to fill the tub, so Crystal went downstairs to grab some candles and wine, when she got distracted by the TV.
She began to hear water flowing like never before. She sprinted upstairs to find the tub overflowed and about 2 inches of water flooding her floor, inching closer to electrical outlets.
Crystal knew she had to get this cleaned up before the flooring or the ceiling to the first story was damaged.
Where was she to begin with water clean up? Is this water cleanup DIY or does she need to hire a water damage professional in Tampa?
Water Damage Restoration Company in Tampa
Water damage can wreak havoc on homes and businesses, resulting in new flooring, new drywall, and other repairs.
Repairing water damaged structures can be stressful and costly, but with these simple steps, you can stop water damage in its tracks from a small, limited water spill.
- To avoid electrical shock, turn off the electricity and unplug appliances in the spilled water area.
- Identify the spill source and shut off the water (like pipes, for example), and remove any furniture, rugs, etc., that are submerged. Textiles, such as rugs and upholstered furniture, should be discarded.
- Use a wet/dry vacuum, like a Shop-Vac, to extract as much water as possible. If the water has spilled on a carpet, use a steam cleaner to remove water from the carpet.
- Use towels to absorb any residual water and use fans to dry the area as much as possible for at least 24-hours.
- Dry the air with a dehumidifier to reduce humidity levels.
The faster the water is cleaned up, the better the chances of avoiding long-term damage. Once these steps are completed, call a restoration company like Advantage Restoration & Contracting, to inspect for water damaged fixtures, such as flooring and cabinetry, as well as mold and mildew.
Drawing on more than a decade of experience in this industry, Advantage Restoration owner Jason Jones knows that a timely response is the key to avoiding serious water damage and reduces the changes of mold and mildew.
Restoration Company in Tampa and Surrounding Areas
That’s why Advantage Restoration operates 24/7. Our team completes a water damage assessment, evaluating the damage to drywall, floors, and other parts of your home and then determines what needs replacement and/or restoration.
Advantage Restoration will work with your insurance company on your behalf, relieving stress on you, the client. Advantage Restoration & Contracting offers water restoration services, mold remediation, fire and smoke remediation to Tampa, Lakeland, and Riverview, as well as surrounding areas.
NOTE: If the water damage is caused by sewage backup, natural disasters, or severe flooding of nearby rivers, etc., this water contains bacteria and other contaminants. This water should not be cleaned up by anyone other than a licensed professional.